Monday, June 29, 2015

June, Hive 1 block

I sent this block off the end of last week to Leo.  I hope you like it!!  Very fun to make, super easy and makes a nice large block.  I can't wait to see the finished quilt.  It's amazing sometimes the secondary designs that come together when blocks are sewn into tops.


As I start to type this it reminds me that I totally forgot to post a question for all of you last month when I was Queen!! Sorry! :)  This month Leo asked us about our bookcase/es.  I have 1 for myself and my youngest son has 2 in his room. His are Billy bookcases from IKEA in black before they discontinued that color. He has books, movies, board games, crafts and Lego creations on his shelves.
Mine just holds books and is in my sewing room. The room sits above our garage so it has the fun sloped ceiling those types of rooms have--impossible to find furniture to fit.  To solve that, I made all my shelves myself!!


I love to read so I have quite a few.  I actually would like to make another one as you can see I need more room.  I'm starting to double up on the shelves :)  The bottom shelf is all my sewing/quilting books.  I read almost every night , mostly being paranormal romance.  My favorite author right now is J.R. Ward.

Good luck with your quilt Leo!!  Please post a photo when you are finished. :)



No comments: