Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Hive #3 June Block

I loved making this block.  I had gotten tired and the mojo for sewing was starting to wane from deadline after deadline but this little block has picked me right up!
Slyvia picked a Christmas block using improv cutting to make Gnomes and Trees on a low volume background. This is going to be pretty cool when its all put together!
The question for this month was what quilt are we most proud of?  This was a toughie.  I think the one I'm most proud of is one I haven't finished yet.  I was going to pick a medallion quilt I designed and have yet to put he final border on but making this block with some of my favourite wintry fabrics, I realised the quilt I'm most proud of is my version of Rachel Hauser's brilliant design: The Penny Sampler.  I made mine a frosty, wintry quilt top but have yet to quilt it!
Thank you Sylvia for choosing a brilliant block and giving me the chance to play with my favourite frosty fabrics!

No comments: