Saturday, June 27, 2015

Hive 6 - June 2015 - Block for Summer

wow...the months are flying by....

So this Exploding Stars block was a little challenging in that I had to play with colors in a way I haven't before.  Choosing them was the hardest part. I also learned a new skill with No Waste Flying Geese blocks.



I finally cut into some of my Kate Spain stash that I've been saving for the right project.  This was a perfect opportunity to use these nice saturated colors.  I made one for Summer and one for myself for my Sampler of all the quilt blocks this year (from the Stash Bee and the Bee Hive).  I can't wait to see what the exploding stars quilt will look like Summer.

As for Quilt Alongs...I've participated in the Quilt As You Go QAL and I have all the blocks done, but not put together.  I'm also participating in the Arcadia Avenue QAL...I'm so far behind, but I hope to catch up soon.  I love Quilt Alongs because you get to see other people working on the same project and it inspires me.

No comments: