Monday, June 1, 2015

Hive 2 - June Bee Block for Yvonne

So the best and worst thing about being Hive Mama, is I get to see what the next month's Queen is planning ahead of time. . .best because I get to be in on the secret and see what is coming up.  But also the worst because I have to wait until the first of the month like everyone else before I can start making the block.

See my dilemma?

So I had the fabrics planned and this morning I quickly made the kids breakfast and promised them a trip to the park if they would let me sew a little this morning. . .the kids kept up their end of the bargain. . .



and so did I. . .



Yvonne asked us our favorite season. . .honestly, I've become so jaded living in Socal, I don't remember what seasons are.  I do have a rose coloured glasses memory of glorious crisp fall mornings. . .but I don't think I'd last a second if the temperature dipped below 10C/50F  :) 

This was a fun block with lots of meaning, can't wait to see it all put together!  

Caroline
lalinsocal

1 comment:

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

I love the calm neutrality of your block Caroline. Have to get my thinking cap on.