Sunday, June 14, 2015

Hive 6 Block for Summer

Woohoo! Kate here, and I finished this month's block very early (for me).

Summer requested exploding stars blocks with saturated colors. I have been making a lot of star blocks lately, and these were a lot of fun. I love saturated colors, so I had a lot in my stash to choose from. It has been quite cloudy out lately, so they don't look as bright in the photo as they are in person.


 
Summer asked if we'd ever participated in a QAL before. I am currently in two QALs, one with the SFMQG and another with a few local sewing friends. I think they're a lot of fun. I also just joined the Scrap Vortex QAL with Crazy Mom Quilts. I have so many scraps, and I am trying to make space in my sewing area for new fabric :)
 
Happy Sunday!
 
Kate

No comments: