Thursday, June 25, 2015

Hive 3 Christmas in June

Here's my happy little block for Sylvia.  Fun block to make, I may make one of these quilts for myself.  It sure came together quickly.


This will go in the mail today since I'm going on vacation on Saturday!

What quilt am I most proud of?  That's go to be the quilt I made for my daughter.  I have only been quilting since QuiltCon, 2013 but I had been sewing for years.  I started on mini's and my daughter asked if I could make a quilt for her for college in the summer of 2013.  I had actually never made anything bigger than 16" square but I felt like all of the little mini's I practiced on had given me a good foundation that I could transfer to a large quilt.  I asked her to look at my magazines and she picked one out - only it wasn't a pattern, it was an ad!  She wanted that quilt in those fabrics....it was Art Gallery so I figured out who the fabric was by - Pat Bravo - and wrote her - she graciously gave me all the details and I was able to recreate her quilt almost exactly as the ad was done - with a couple of changes since some fabrics were unavailable.  I had to shop at 8 shops to find it all.  It was definitely the most difficult challenge I had and the one that taught me so much.  I even quilted it myself!  Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of it all quilted and it's off with her - I keep meaning to ask her to bring it home so I can get a shot of it but it never seems to happen.  I do have a shot of the top:  

No comments: