Sunday, June 14, 2015

Hive #7--Scrappy Snowballs for Deana

I thought I posted these blocks a few days ago on my blog, but I'm just now finding a moment to post them ...  My mom literally nagged me to finish these when she was here last week =)


This block is on my someday list, so I was happy to take the extra time to create plastic templates and figure things out.  I'd never actually sewn curves on my machine; only by hand until now.  Really not scary at all and I will definitely be doing more.


Deana asked us who got us hooked on quilting, and I guess my answer is myself.  In high school I checked out a quilting book from the library and meticulously traced the templates, but didn't really learn how to use them ... fast forward 25 years ... still haven't learned to quilt.  Somehow I found a couple of blogs and discovered the world of online tutorials.  I've been hooked ever since.  I'm much more comfortable with piecing at this point, but I do the quilting for most of my own quilts, and I'm quite proud of that ... even though it literally takes months and months for me to finish each quilt in between life's excitments.

No comments: