Saturday, March 5, 2016

Hive 9 March block for Christina


Today my MQG had a sew day, which is a super fun way to spend a day. We just all bring our machines and work on whatever projects we want. We all did some blocks for a charity project that we are working on. Some of us worked on our negative space quilts for a challenge we have coming up. We are also starting an improv round robin quilt along, so a lot of gals were working on that. It's just great to sit in a room full of buzzing machines, sharing stories and helping each other with our projects.

One of the first things I did today was whip up this fun improv quarter log cabin for Christina. It's 17 inches finished, and per Christina's instructions, I left it untrimmed as she said she would like to do that.

Christina, I want to thank you for choosing an excellent block which was easy to make up well under the two hour mark. I really appreciate you picking something that is within the Stashbee guidelines, it's very considerate of you. I'll get my block in the mail to you on Monday!


No comments: