Hello hive mates! I am so excited to join your hive.
This block for Pam was so much fun to make. It is like a walk down memory lane going through the scrap bin to pick out pieces left behind from previous projects.
Last year I made the same block for one of my hive mates. Thank you Kim, for asking us to press all of the seams open. Even though it took me a little longer, The block went together so much nicer and it was much easier to line up the seams.
It reminds me of the quilts that my great grandmother used to make out of all of her scraps of fabrics.
I hope you enjoy the fabrics I choose.
Since I was not here for January, let me introduce myself:
1. Name: Heather Browne (aka HotPinkThread)
2. Where you live: Southeastern CT
3. Tell us about your family: Married with 3 children two boys 6 & 14, and a girl 12.
4. Tell us about your pets: We have 2 tortie/calico cats. Cookie and Princess (aka Fatty).
5. How long have you been quilting? I started sewing 10 years ago when my daughter was 2, so that I could afford to dress her in adorable clothes, I decided to learn to sew so I could make them myself.
I have been quilting for 6 years. My first few quilts were learning experiences, to say the least. I have been working this past year on my free motion quilting on a domestic machine. Over the last 6 years, I have accumulated a great number of UFO/s while learning.
6. What crafts do you do other than quilting? I can crochet, although I am not sure if I have ever finished any of the blankets or scarfs I have started. Cross Stitch, Latch Hook, a little Knitting.
7. Fabric line you want to buy next: Moda solids.
8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.): I do not own a long arm. I am teaching myself to FMQ on my domestic machine.
9. Where we can find you on social media:
Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Blog
10. Favorite book: The Witching Hour - Anne Rice
11. Favorite show to binge watch: New Girl, Supernatural and Bones