Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hive #1 Danny's

Danny,

How adamant are you that the centers be all pointy?! :D  I only ask because I am making enough to send you a few and enough for me to make a quilt too since once I started sewing them I found I liked them and they are fun and quickish to sew.  I'm making a dozen of each set of 12 fabrics since I just stacked a dozen, 13 inch squares and whacked them up.  So these are the first 6 of the first dozen.  I figure I'll pick the 2 from each set with the best centers, since I think I figured out how to make them better since the one that is half done, half under my needle right now seems to be coming out pointier.

Keeping in mind this is just the first 6 from the first set of 12 and I'm going to make at least one more set of 12 after this one.  Are these fabrics okay? and how picky are you about the center points?  Those are the two big questions I need answered. :D

Update

I figured out the pointy middle issue!  So now all I need to know is are these colors okay, even though there will only be 2 from these fabrics and then 2 from another set and maybe even 2 from another set...... :D

2 comments:

Danny Heyen said...

AH! I love them!! And I'm not picky AT ALL. If the centers are really bad, just appliqué a circle over them. Voile. SUNburst block. :)

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Wow, Sammi, these are awesome! I am so glad you are making more because Danny, I am not even posting photos of mine. I think they will be okay, but I made 3 that were absolutely horrible before the two that were okay. I am going by the post office now.