Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hive 4 - September Block Finished (Before the End of the Month!)

For once, I managed to get a block ready and completed before the end of the month.  Considering that the month of October is going to be dreadful with packing up and moving and then unpacking, I'm pretty happy to have September done with.  

I have to say, I had fun with the mildly improvisational nature of this block (varying widths as I went) - it forced me to work a little outside my comfort zone of uniformity and pre-planned blocks, without going crazy with wonkiness.  I don't know if my soul is prepared for that yet! The biggest challenge was finding strips in my stash in suitable colors long enough to handle the longer lengths/widths.  I was scraping bottom there at the end, and I hope those outer sections are OK. 

At any rate, the finished block is closer to 13 x 13 - I wanted you to be able to trim down whichever side(s) you wanted as the center block has gotten, well, off-center (which I assume is acceptable and to be expected).





Thanks for a fun, stress-free block and I apologize in advance to the October Bee Mama - just plan on mine being late, though I will do my best to complete it before I pack up all my sewing stuff!  This one will be in the mail this week as soon as I make it to the post office!

3 comments:

Quilting In The Cold said...

Mandy it is lovely, thank you, brilliant fabric choices.

Danny Heyen said...

Looks good! I love that you used AMH!

Jennie said...

OMG - I'm October!!!! That will be absolutely no problem - better get planning on what I'm doing. This block looks lovely!