Monday, October 17, 2016

Stash Bee 2017 - What's New: Rules

We are just a few weeks away from sign-ups for next year's Stash Bee and I couldn't be more excited. I've been working hard behind the scenes to get things ready and what better way than to highlight what is new. First, you'll notice a few changes to the blog. I've added a row of tabs at the top for important information. It's a lot to read in one sitting so I plan on breaking it down over the course of a few posts, highlighting any changes and other helpful information.

Stash Bee Rules:
For those of you who are current participants, you should be familiar with most of the rules, but I wanted to highlight the biggest change for next year. There will still be 9 hives but 1 hive will be dedicated as a US-Only Hive. It will be on a first-come-first-serve basis and the first 10 people to request this hive will be assigned to it. Once this hive is full, all others will be waitlisted or moved to an international hive depending upon their selections in the sign-up questionnaire. Because this hive is determined by location, quilting styles and ability will not be taken into consideration. So if quilting level (beginner vs. expert) or quilting style (more traditional vs. ultra modern) is more important to you, then this hive probably isn't for you.


Happy Quilting, 


7 comments:

Francis Paul said...

I am very glad Stash Bee will continue to be international :-)

Jennifer said...

I like this solution, and am happy quilters from other countries can still participate!

Unknown said...

Great idea.. I loved having ideas from all over...

Laura VanVleet said...

I love the new tabs on the website! Quick and easy access! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

The blog looks great! I think the US only hive is a great solution. I'm really looking forward to next year's Stash Bee!

scraps125 said...

Thank you Diana for stepping up. I really appreciate that the Bee will still be international. And the new tabs are great. I am wondering if you will be keeping the list of Hives with the month by month tutorials? This stopped in May, but up until then I often looked at other hives and got some really good ideas with the tutorial included. So not only did I sew my own hive block, at any time I could check out other blocks to try from the list that included pictures of the block and a link to the tutorial.

Streichsix said...

Hello! I've just come across this blog, and love the idea! I've been quilting for many, many years, and while I have lots of projects and work in progress, I'm intrigued by the concept. Sounds fun! Is there room for me?

Rhonda Streich
Forreston, Illinois