Sunday, October 9, 2016

Hive 8 October block

I didn't have quite enough fabrics to use 25 different ones, so I went shopping.  :)  My daughter was thrilled, because I told her I needed her to pick out some bright yellows and fabrics with big flowers, which are the fabrics she gravitates towards and I usually tell her she has to keep her hands to herself!

The finished block:





The orange on the top left looks solid in the picture, but it is not - close picture of that square:

This was the first time I've ever tried fussy cutting.  I particularly liked this owl from one of the fabrics chosen by my daughter:

I'll get it in the mail this week.

I've had so much fun this year in Hive 8.  I'm sad we are coming to an end.  I think I'll have to hive crash next month.  I am looking forward to 2017!


3 comments:

Puppilalla said...

The owl is a hoot! Sorry could not resist but that fabric is gorgeous. Lovely block.

Lisa J. said...

It's really beautiful. Must get to mine.

Lisa said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much and I love the fussy cutting blocks and sharing a bit of the inspiration with your daughter!