Saturday, October 1, 2016

HIVE 2 OCTOBER BLOCK -- EVENING STAR BLOCK










Good day to all my Hive 2 Quilters


This is my first year in Stash Bee and I am so loving every bit of it.   I found The Evening Star Block earlier this year and decided that is the block I would like all you gifted quilters to help me make this quilt.   Have always loved blue and yellow, so that will be the colors I would like.   Instead of writing a new tutorial, I am going to give you the link that I used.. However, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at kbertie1379@gmail.com.  .  The finished block is 12.5 inches. 



The tutorial can be found at About Quilting http://quilting.about.com/od/blockofthemonth/ss/evening_star.htm   Below are some of the fabrics that I have used.   The only request is that the yellows can be any shade except neon yellow.

 
 
 
As you can see, I used both blues and yellows as the star points.  So again it is up to you as the creative creatures you are to chose blue or yellow as the star point.
 
On more picture.  This is the block cut out.
 
 
So thanking you in advance.
 

No comments: