Saturday, July 1, 2023

Hive 6- July Tutorial- Plus Block for Jennifer

 

PRIDE Plus

I've always loved plus quilts. Based on the colors used they can all look unique. I've made a few as gifts.  
This one is for a special person in my life.

I’d like the plus to be one of the bright colors below:





It can be a solid or print, but should strongly represent the color chosen.






For the background, I would like all of the background squares to be from same all white or white based based neutral.  The background shouldn’t be a distraction from the bright color used in the plus.

 

Cutting guide:

 

4 – 5in Squares of Neutral background

4 – 2 ¾ in Square of Neutral background

1 – 7 ¼ X 2 ¾ in rectangle of your selected color

2 – 2 ¾ in squares of your selected color


Ideally neutral backgrounds will all be the same fabric.



Process:
  1. I started with the smallest 2 3/4 in squares and joined them together.
  2. Make the top row by sewing the 5 in square with the rectangle made in step 1
  3. Make the bottom row by sewing the 5 in square with the rectangle made in step 1.
  4. I then joined the 3 blocks in the middle row 
  5. I then joined the rows together.  I pressed seams to the darker side.
It goes together quickly!

Here are some of the blocks I made:
I used solid colors, but you can also use prints if they strongly represent the chosen color.






I put 4 together in about 40 minutes, but based on the rules you only need to send me 1.  I'll gladly take more if you are in the groove and want to make morel!
Thank you for helping me put this all together, I am excited to see all the blocks!

-Jennifer


No comments: