Monday, October 30, 2017

Hive 1 October 2017 block for Kathy

Hi Kathy. I live in New England we get lots of tourists coming through to go on "leaf peeping" tours. I love seeing the leaves change to amazing colors.  I was surprised that when I went digging in my stash, I didn't have much in that an autumnal palette.  In an exciting plot twist, I found the colors in partner's scrap bin (which used to be mine). Let me explain,  my partner has started doing beautiful fiber art that uses thread, felt and scraps of fabric.  I gave her a ton of scraps from my sewing and quilting.  She occasionally has supplemented it with FQs and scrap bags from our local store.  Turns out she had fabrics that would work in your color scheme.  Shot out to my partner for manifesting the fabric I needed.

The block was fun to sew. I watched Jenny Doan's video first and the block came together like a breeze.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think this is perfect... Thank you.