Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hive 4 - Owl Block

If I don't watch myself, I might get caught up with all my blocks and have one done in the month it is due.

I just finished up my first ever applique attempt with mixed success for the December Owl block.  I like the pattern/design I went with, though the applique process gave me headaches thanks to my machine refusing to cooperate and not having stitches as small as I wanted.  I have, now, at least used stabilizer and fusible webbing for the first time so those won't be complete mysteries in the future!

I couldn't get the stitches small enough to do the small details (like the heart, eyes, and pupils), so I hope you don't mind just the branch, bodies and wings being appliqued.  The rest should stick pretty well though.


2 comments:

Carol said...

These are sooo cute. Thanks for posting them.

Back River Designs said...

There great thank you so much.