Friday, March 29, 2013

Hive #4 April Block

Hello, my name is Carol and FunThreads is my blog. I lived on the east coast for 49 years and was transplanted to Texas last spring. What an adventure it’s been.

About 26 years ago I grabbed a pattern and decided to teach myself how to sew. The first thing I made was a summer top that didn’t fit when it was finished but I learned a lot of lessons doing it. Now my job is teaching learn to sew classes at a local quilt shop. Who knew!

The hardest thing I ever decided to quilt was a hand appliquéd pattern called The Early Bird. I was in WAY over my head back then. It took me 20 years to finally sit down and get it finished.



My favorite dessert is Girl Scout thin mints. But anything containing chocolate will work for me.

My two most important life philosophies are don’t give up and say you can’t until you’ve at least tried once and enjoy each and every day.

Hive #4 April Block

Don’t worry you’re not seeing double! After testing several different ideas I decided I can’t live without a quilt made from last month’s blocks:) Sorry to hijack your block Kelsey!

This will be a Christmas quilt so please use reds, greens, and Bella white. I have plenty of Bella white ready for anyone that needs it so just let me know.

I would like one 19.5” block using the following changes:
(4) 6” squares Bella white cut diagonally into 2 triangles
(4) 2.75” x 7.25” Bella white
(2) 6” squares red cut diagonally into 2 triangles
(4) 2.75” x 7.25” red
(2) 6” squares green cut diagonally into 2 triangles
(4) 2.75” x 7.25” green

This is the original Cracker Scraps tutorial HERE.

This was Kelsey’s post from last month HERE.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!









2 comments:

Nataki said...

Hi My name is Nataki and I am in Hive 2, while I have Kona White I don't have Bella White... I have some great Xmas Colors and would love to create a block for you... (WHILE I was moving I saw the perfect color for this!)

Nataki
nataki@komunyaka.com
nataki.roberts@gmail.com

Seamsewcountry@blogspot.com said...

Please send me Bella white! Thank you in advance!
Christyw1@MSN.com