Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Hive 7 August Tutorial

Hi All
August Queen here and this is the same block I have done for a couple years in The Blossom Heart Quilts online bee.  I'm trying to get enough blocks to make a king size quilt for my bed and at the rate I'm going it will be few more years!  

The colors are Americana red, white and blue. The x in the middle is red, the outer corners are blue and the connectors are cream. Americana colors are not real bright, pure colors but more of the dusty, aged, muted tones. Think Williamsburg or Revolutionary War type colors. 

Refer to Tic Tac Toe for the full tutorial.

X is Muted Red
Corners are muted Blues
Connectors are Cream/Off White


Here is my fabric pull
And here is a pic of the blocks I have so far.



Looking forward to adding more blocks and getting closer to king size!
Lisa...

No comments: