So this block was a little frustrating and challenging for me. First attempt - I didn't added the 1/4" seam allowance on the template included with the tutorial and they ended up being too small. So, now I have two 12-1/2" blocks for me to use!
Second attempt was a little less frustrating because I went and bought a dresden ruler to aid me in cutting. (Jo-Ann's had Wrights®/EZ Easy Dresden Quilting Ruler for 1/2 off - yay!!) So, after sewing all the pieces together it actually ends up the correct 14-1/2" block. ;0)
I used the Kona Nightfall for the dark - I really like it with the orange fan blades.
Hope you like it Kelli!
Nancy D. :0)