Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Hive 5 October Tutorial - Black, White and Purple Block

Hello Hive 5,

I am Cyndi, Queen for October. I live in Columbia, Tn, south of Nashville. I have a (real job) at Vanderbilt as a Cath Lab nurse.  But the fun and therapeutic job is owning the quilt shop The Dancing Bobbin for the last 6 years. Thrilled to have grown it from brick and mortar to also include an online website. My husband and I have become first time grandparents to a precious girl born on Memorial Day.

Shockingly this month has come quickly and of course I had no idea what block to pick. I almost decided to skip my month and give you all a vacation, but I saw a block on Instagram that I liked and thought this would be REALLY easy and quick.  I have always wanted a black and white quilt and of course a pop of purple is always good. I have been collecting black and white fabrics for some time so I can't wait to use them.

I want the black to be either tone on tone black but more preferably black and white. Please use a different black for the center square.
I would like the white to be either white with black or gray on it. Please try to stay away from white with color.
I would like the purple to be bright or vibrant. All the purple to be the same.Please no pastel or lavender.

Fabric Requirements.

2x 7" square of a black
2x 7" square of a white.
1x 2.5" of a different black
4x 2.5"x 6.5" of purple rectangles.

Make 2 HST from the 7" black and white fabric squares and trim them to a 6.5" HST.  Use whatever method you prefer.

Then sew the block together. Very easy and quick. I hope you like it, I can't wait to see everyone's block and how this comes out.


No comments: