Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Hive 1 October Tutorial - Shoofly Block

Hi Hive 1!

I'm requesting Shoofly blocks this month.  Hope they are relatively quick, easy, and fun for you!  Follow this tutorial by Annemarie Chany:

Click here:
shoofly block

I'd like version B.  It uses four different fabrics - three colored and one low volume.  Follow the directions for the 12 inch block (12.5 inches unfinished).




For fabrics A, B, and C in the pattern, I'd love modern brights.  I love Cotton + Steel and Ruby Star Society!  Examples of other modern brights I like include fabrics by Anna Maria Horner, Alison Glass, Carolyn Friedlander, Denyse Schmidt, Giucy Giuce, Latifah Saafir, Lizzy House, and Libs Elliot.

Part A is a half square triangle block.  I'd like it to be made of one colored fabric (pointing into the block) and one modern low volume (the corners of the block).  The low volume can have color or gray or black and the background can be white, cream, light gray, etc.

For colors, I'd like blues, greens, gold/mustard, oranges, deep purple, burgundy or deep raspberry.  Please do not include browns or bright Christmas red.





Happy sewing!!  Thanks for making for me!

Kerry

No comments: