Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sunni's Tree Blocks

Here are my tree blocks for Sunni. It was a long process. I have never done anything like this before and the applique was a big learning curve. The lines are not all straight on the applique and I have never done a wonky block either... this is all new to me!! I am glad she requested these blocks though, if she hadn't I would have probably not tried this on my own!

The first block is just a wonky block with a trunk...

The second one is a weeping willow tree and started like this...
But I forgot to flip the pattern so it ended up like this...

I really hope Sunnie likes them!

Visit me at the-twisted-sister to see more of my learning experiences!


7 comments:

supersara20 said...

I think they are both great but I especially love the second. Great job!

Lisa C in GA. said...

Oooh, I love that second one too! So graceful!

Second Chance Tan said...

Yes - that weeping willow is lovely, It leans so gracefully.

Cindy said...

Love your trees!

Studio V said...

Thanks so much!!

kinter said...

So beautiful. I love how different they are, but share the same fabrics. Amazing!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

The weeping willow is beautiful!!!