Tuesday, January 10, 2012

free motion tree for Sunni




So after some emails back and forth Sunni seemed open to an embroidered tree in her quilt, however given the longevity of hand embroidery on a quilt I thought I'd better pull out the big guns and try my hand at making pretty patterns with thread on a sewing machine. I've had the pattern knocking about for ages so transferred it onto the background fabric (yes it is white but my iPhone's white balance didn't want to play) threw some light weight interfacing on the back then went at it as I would free motion quilting....if I were ever to free motion quilt a really densely quilted tree. After a glass of red and a life long love of Tim Burton and Neil Gaiman this is how my 1st tree looks



I'm going to try and get a better photo once the suns up tomorrow promise!

Ok I'm off to hunt for the paper piecing tree pattern I have somewhere to make the 2nd tree.

Hope you like the 1st one Sunni :)

5 comments:

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danny Heyen said...

Neil Gaiman would be proud!

Cindy said...

Great job! Can't wait to see the final quilt. Hoping to start my block soon.

kinter said...

Wow! I am totally floored. That looks awesome!

The Sunflower Patch said...

That is amazing!