Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Hexi Tree of Life

Here is my contribution to Sunni's Tree of Life quilt


Apologies for the poor picture quality, I really must learn to wait until morning! But I am very proud! This is my first go at Hexi's and paper piecing. I LOVE it! I can see a lot more in the future. I decided to go for cute little 1.5" hexagons and a free machine embroidered trunk with an excerpt from the poem 'The Tree of Life' by Mia Ocean.

It will be in the post this week with the signature block, coming all the way from England!

6 comments:

KristyLou said...

Wow, this turned out really neat!!!

Second Chance Tan said...

Gosh is that really the first time you have done those hexies - you go girl, this tree is brilliant.

Cindy said...

Your tree is amazing!

kinter said...

Oh! I waas hoping for hexies! I love it. And the saying is beautiful!

Tara said...

That is so original! I love the embroidered trunk.

Strawberry Patch said...

Thanks everyone! I was rather worried how I would come up with something original after looking at everyone elses trees!