Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hive #2 February Block

Hello Hive #2!
I am excited to get this hive started.

I would love to make a rainbow quilt using stripped blocks.  I would like you to make me one or two 8.5" blocks in red, blue, green, orange, yellow, or purple.  Each block should be made in one color, using fabrics that read as that color.  Look at the block above to see what I mean.  I would prefer no solids if you can avoid them.  You can use different values of the colors, but please keep the values the same within a block.  In other words, don't put pink in with the reds, or light blue in with the dark blues.  I would also prefer that the size of the strips are varied in width. 

I also like crooked lines and curves, if you are so inclined.

If you cut gentle curves, it is easy to sew them without pins.


If you want to square your block, please square it at 8.5".  If you would rather send it untrimmed, that is also fine.
I hope I have made this stash friendly enough for you.  I look forward to seeing what you all come up with.

7 comments:

laurel said...

whoo! so excited to start!

kinter said...

That is so great and fun! I might jump in on this one!

mammafairy said...

Hurrah!
First stash blosk, First bee! and you are making it easy and fun for me. Many thanks for this gentle introduction.

mammafairy said...

And do you want a signature block? if so, how big?

Annaliese said...

Oooh this will be a great quilt! Time to go raid my strips :)

cheeky monkey said...

That sounds good and not to hard for the first block! I will search for the fabrics tomorrow when the sun is hopefully out again :)

Amelie said...

what a brilliant idea!
any colour you dont want?!!!
amelie