Friday, November 30, 2018

Tu-Na Quilts: A Paper Crane for Hive 4

Here's a beautiful pink paper crane for Katy in Hive 4.

This block is 11.5" unfinished. Katy asked for a pink crane and a white or white on white background. Isn't it cute?

You can find Katy's post tutorial here and the paper crane templates here. This block was easy to sew and came together quickly. It took me a couple of hours to complete it. However, it took me all month to pick out the fabric! The print looks like a maze or puzzle. Life is kind of like that at times.

This block will be on it's way to Katy tomorrow along with lots of good wishes and prayers for her mom and for Katy, too.

What I Learned Today:
  1. Teaching a paper piecing class is exhausting. I'm hoping my class members get their homework assignment done in time for class next week.
  2. I love to paper piece!!!
  3. I want to make more origami crane blocks.
  4. I took this block to my paper piecing class today and the class members recognized it as an origami crane. I was impressed!
Question: Have you ever done origami? Years ago, I taught a second grade class how to fold a paper crane that looked very much like the one in the block. It was fun but was definitely a very difficult concept for some of those second graders to grasp; I must have had the patience of a saint!

Thanks for stopping by and do come again.

Karen, Tu-Na Quilts

If you'd like to read more about me or read about my adventures and misadventures in quilting, traveling, and cooking, please visit my blog, Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats. You're welcome to join my reading family by subscribing to follow me using one of the three ways: Wordpress, Bloglovin, or email found on my sidebar on my blog (if viewing on a mobile phone, just keep on scrolling down).


No comments: