Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Tu-Na Quilts: A Buttercup for Kathy in Hive 4


Miracles do happen!! I am living proof since I've completed my bee block before the end of the month.



Oh, why does my picture load on it's side? And how do I turn it?

I sewed this cute block for Kathy a few days ago. You can find her initial post here. The free pattern can be found here. Just click on the picture of the pattern in that link to download the pdf.

The pattern offers three sizes. Kathy asked us to make the 12" size. It was fun to make because we were able to choose what ever color we wanted for the flower and leaves. I love teal!

This should be a fun quilt. Thanks, Kathy, for letting me be a part of your fantastic quilt.

This Buttercup should be in the mail by Friday.

What I Learned Today:
  1. July is flying fast.
  2. I feel good finishing Kathy's block early so I can prepare my "queen" post for next month.
  3. There are only 9 days until the Quilt Minnesota Shop Hop. I can hardly wait.
  4. I need to have my post for #2 scheduled to post before I leave for it. I better get busy!!
Question: Do you plant flowers, or enjoy picking up a bunch at the store, or receiving a bouquet from someone special? Tu-Na Helper plants flowers in the garden and several flower beds and once in a while he will buy me a bouquet. My favorite ones are the wildflowers that I see in the fields and ditches while we travel. But, shhh, don't tell him!

If you'd like to read more about me or read about my adventures and misadventures in quilting, traveling, and cooking, please visit my blog, Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats. You're welcome to join my reading family by subscribing to follow me using one of the three ways found on my sidebar (if viewing on a mobile phone, just keep on scrolling down): Wordpress, Bloglovin, and email.

Thanks for stopping by and do come again.
Karen, Tu-Na Quilts


3 comments:

scraps125 said...

What a lovely flower for Kathy.
I don't plant flowers but have lots in my yard. All perennials.
Enjoy the rest of your summer. It sounds like fun.

Needled Mom said...

That is such a pretty flower block. Various colors will make a great quilt. I love picking flowers from the garden to bring inside.

Unknown said...

Karen. What a great post. I love flowers.....but I am not good at gardening.

You made me a beautiful block and I can hardly wait to get this quilt made.