Wednesday, June 7, 2017

June Hive 7 Blocks for Rebecca

Remember when I said that paper piecing makes my heart race in fear?  Last month I took the path of least resistance (and pressure) and traded with Karen for our hive blocks.  When Rebecca's pattern appeared, I knew the universe was telling me that I need to learn how to paper piece.  No more avoiding this.  I watched the Modern Quilt Guild's paper piecing webinar (very helpful) and proceeded to still make many mistakes.  However, the good news is that there were fewer and fewer mistakes as I worked on the third and fourth blocks.

Here they are . . . 


I love to see pics of Rebecca and her daughter's new kitten.  He's beyond adorable.  And then there are my lovable cats, one of whom decided to nosh on Rebecca's envelope while my back was turned.


Fortunately the guilty cat didn't eat into the blocks.  

They were mailed in a brand new envelope today.  Safe travels across the ocean.

Cathleen
aka Kitch Kouture

No comments: