Monday, April 23, 2012

hive two---> two houses

This was a real challenge. I've never made my own paper piece design (and maybe the last time I paper pieced I was thirteen), but through much tutorial reading and deliberation, I made you two houses.

The first one is a chicken coop, with a lil embroidery for good measure. I made some fake perspective to enhance the realism ;)  . I need to find some chicken fabric, the lil guy in the door is supposed to be a chicken, but it's more of an pigtailed-owl-chicken.

This is my effort at making a dinosaur-themed bounce house. I think every town needs one.
Have fun with them! Let's do more paper piecing!
see ya,
Laurel

6 comments:

Rebeckah Austin said...

very creative! I know Sheph will love them! I saw all the blocks on her design wall over the weekend and these will go nicely!

Stephanie Granite said...

I love it! A chicken coop and and bounce house are such creative ideas!!!

Anonymous said...

Laurel, you surprise and delight every month. I love your little triangle chicken dude in the yard.
The kids in the bouncehouse are great, too.

LYNN said...

So cute!

laurel said...

thanks :)

Stephanie Granite said...

received! thank you!