Hey, Hive 1 🥰
I honestly can't remember how many years I have been participating in Stash Bee (probably about 5 or so 🙈), but this year must be the one I am the least prepared for!
Hubby and I just had to move out of our rental. Our son and daughter-in-law have kindly made some space for us in their backyard for a granny flat. Unfortunately, the granny flat isn't finished yet, so most of our stuff (including the blocks I prepared for Stash Bee 😩) has gone into storage.
I can't believe I did this! 🤦♀️
OK, enough complaining! 😂
I would like you to make a 9" FPP block. It is a very simple one and is from the Aussie Tula Pink Block Swap 2025, organised by my favourite fabric store, My Fabricology. I have a few of these blocks already, but nowhere near enough to make a whole quilt.
Here is the template to print on A3. Please make sure you select "no scaling" when printing and check the 1" test square.
Please use bright coloured fabrics (they don't have to be Tula Pink) and mix the colours up. 🌈
Here are a few more examples to give you an idea of the colours and combinations I am after.
- Set your stitch length to 1.5mm, this will make removing the paper later a lot easier.
- Use your stiff card and place it along the line between A1 and A2. Fold the paper over and using the Add-a-quarter ruler, trim the seam allowance to 1/4"
- Add your next piece of fabric RST and sew along the line between A1 and A2.
- Turn over and press.
- Repeat for all sections A3 to A5.
- Repeat for outer sections A6 to A9.
- Turn over and trim edge to 1/4" seam allowance. (Mine is a bit smaller. My A3 printer is in storage and I had to print out in a smaller format)
- Remove paper
- This is how it should look from the back.
- And this is the completed block.
No comments:
Post a Comment