Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Hive 5 - October Tutorial - Star Blocks for Patti

 Hello Hive 5 Quilters, 

I can't believe it's already October. Hopefully, for most of you it means cooler weather. Since I live in Florida, it just means we are still hoping to escape a hurricane. Fingers crossed!

Earlier this year, I participated in a block swap where I made and then received 40 six-inch star blocks. This is an example of what I received. 


I love the blocks, but 40 isn't enough to make a quilt. Then I found this inspiration picture (sorry I didn't save who posted it). 

After debating on my request for my block this month, I've decided to ask for a 12-inch star block (link below).  My plan is to incorporate the 12-inch blocks with my six-inch blocks for an amazing quilt made from many awesome quilters! 

to make a star block from the Moda Blockheads page. I am requesting one of the following stars (your choice):
Group 2, Block 9 Ohio Star
Group 2, Block 10 16 Patch Star
Group 2, Block 16 Double Star
Group 2, Block 25 Bordered Star
Group 2, Block 30 Shadow Star

Please use a low volume background for the stars or a bright color (refer to pic). The stars themselves should be a bright color: blue, turquoise, purple, greens, yellows, bright pinks, etc. I prefer a blender or solid, it should read solidish from far away.  The overall look should read modern.
Please no reds or browns.
The centers can be fussy cut with a modern print, please no juvenile novelty fabrics.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks in advance, I can't wait to see the blocks you create!
 
Patti Lapinsky





No comments: