Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Hive 2 September Tutorial - Disappearing 9 Patch

 

Happy September!

 

I’ve decided to do a mini disappearing 9 patch.  It uses 2 ½” squares so I’m hoping you can use scraps!  I’ve used blue/green(teal) and yellow/orange.  You can use any colors that you want!  I’m going scrappy!  I would like to have the lighter colors be the center squares in the finished block.  It would be great if you can do 2 or 4 blocks.

 I started with the basic 9 patch:


 I pressed seams in opposite directions:


 Now cut the block in half in both directions:


Take two of the opposing corners and turn them 180 degrees so that it looks like this:


 

Once sewn, you should have a 6" square (no need to trim/square it up) and it should look like this:


 

Thank you!!

Let me know if you have any questions!


Debbie Deal

ddealca@comcast.net














No comments: