Sunday, March 1, 2020

Hive 3- March Tutorial- Treasure Hunt Block

Hi Hive 3!

My name is Katy and this is my third year in Stash Bee.  I love the opportunity to get to connect with other quilters and work creatively with others.   I am mostly a stay at home mom of two preschool girls, but once a week i get to take a break from them and work as a pediatric nurse.

Last year for Stash Bee I asked everyone to make a "Treasure Hunt" block.  Because my dream is to have a large full or queen size quilt, I'm going to ask you all to make the same block again this year (sorry to those who were part of my hive last year).

You can find instructions to last years post here:
http://stashbee.blogspot.com/2019/06/june-block-hive-5-treasure-hunt-block.html

Everything is the same.  let me know if you have any questions!  I look forward to receiving your beautiful blocks in the mail!

Here is a photo of all my blocks I received last year.  photo is a little dark, but i love how scrappy and fun this is when they are all together!




-katy


1 comment:

McAllisterWench said...

Katy I have a duplicate block from last year I can send you if you'd like! I had big plans of making a quilt with all the duplicate blocks but realized it is just stressing me out so they need to go. If anyone has any use for the orphan blocks I'm happy to send the rest (there are quite a few, I've been making duplicates of every block for several stash bee years).