Saturday, June 1, 2019

Hive 2 June tutorial block - Snail's Trail




Hey everyone,

This is my first time being in a hive and it’s so much fun. I’m relatively new to quilting, so i’m learning A LOT!! 

This is also my first time posting anything other than just a block, so hopefully this works.

It took me months to choose this block. I wanted it to be fairly easy and still pretty customizable but also look cool. So i’ve chosen the Snail’s Trail block. The tutorial that I found is fantastic and super easy to follow…but as always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. 





For colours you can choose any shade and combination of purple, blue, pink or white. Please try to make them true colours… for example I don’t want the blue to get too green… teal is just fine as long as it stays on the blue side and try not to get too orange or red with the pinks. As for designs of the fabrics…batkis or batik looking fabrics, for example the Boundless collection from Blueprint is not a batik but still kinda looks like one, would be ideal. Lots of blender type fabrics would work great. And no solids, unless you choose to use white, which could be a solid.  I will attach some pictures of examples to  give you an idea.   








So the tutorial includes instructions for using 2 or 4 fabrics, either one is fine with me so feel free to choose whichever you prefer. If you do four colours, then you will end up with some extra fabric after cutting. If you want to send me the extra fabric, you are more than welcome… or you can start your own snail trail quilt with it. 





 This is the block that I did and I think it turned out great. 


I hope that all makes sense and I hope you have as much fun with this block as I did. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

No comments: