Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hive #1 Finshed Quilt

I finally finished my Stash Bee Quilt! I was so lucky to have a great group of gals in hive #1 sending me blocks, I also received a few from outside the group to complete this quilt.  I would like to thank everyone who helped make it!! I think it turned out amazing. I had asked bee members to make wonky star blocks and wonky log cabin blocks.  I had enough blocks to make one quilt for charity and one quilt to keep.

In light of the recent tornado's in Moore Oklahoma I have decided to send this quilt plus another one I had made to a church out there so they can give it to someone in need.



And the back...
 Perfect size!

I absolutely love it. It has four 12.5 inch blocks across and five 12.5 inch blocks down. I added a border and it now measures approximately 52 inches by 64 inches.
I quilted it with straight lines about 1/4 inch apart. After it was washed it became so crinkly and cuddly. I am sure at its new home it will be loved.

Thanks for stopping in and thanks to all that helped!!

Vickey

6 comments:

Carol said...

FABULOUS!!! I love seeing the finished quilts. Thank you for sharing it.

Bri said...

It's a beautiful quilt! And I know my fellow Oklahomans will be greatly appreciative. Are you aware of a specific church collecting? The OKC Modern Quilt Guild is meeting tonight to come up with a plan to help.

Taisia @ Piecing Light said...

That's a lovely contribution. Good on you!

Second Chance Tan said...

yay yay yay - this is soooo lovely, and what a good cause to send it to xx

HeatherK @ A Reformed Heath'n said...

Gorgeous! Love to see these finished quilts, even happier to see that it will go to someone who needs it!

cheeky monkey said...

An other finish! Brilliant. It is a great size and the blocks are so lovely! Well done Hive #1