Monday, April 1, 2024

Hive 3 - April Tutorial - Cabin Fever Block

 

Hi to All!  I'm Jan from SC, originally MI.  I've been quilting since late 2016, so considered a newbie by some.  I've been in the online Bee's since 2018, taking a break last year, but back now.  

I'm picking Cabin Fever.  It is a free pattern by Gigi's Thimble. I did a Christmas version shown below in October, 2019.  



Please head over to Gigi's Thimble to print out the pattern.  Her instructions are very easy to follow.

For this version we are going Red, White and Blue.  Here is my test block.





And my fabric pull. Just about anything goes, but please no holiday, batik, kids or trademark fabrics.


Each block will need:

4 - 4 1/2" x 4 1/2"  Red or Blue
4 - 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" Blue or Red
1 - 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" White/White on White with a bit of red or blue
4 - 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" White/White on White with a bit of red or blue
12 - 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" White/White on White with a bit of red or blue


If you use Red for the 4 1/2 squares, please use Blue for the 2 1/2 squares.
If you use Blue for the 4 1/2 squares, please use Red for the 2 1/2 squares.




Page Two starts the directions for the block.  It is a very quick block to put together.

Your block will finish at 12 1/2" x 12 1/2".

Here are two blocks I put together.





No comments: