Happy New Year Hive #7!
I’m so excited to be kicking off the new year with this tutorial! I first spotted this gorgeous quilt on IG from kviltstina. She designed this block for her Scandibee quilt group in 2015.
I've modified her tutorial to make a single block. Her original
tutorial can be found HERE.
I'm calling this quilt Paint Chips.
PAINT CHIPS TUTORIAL
1. Choose your favorite color and some low volume and/or texty prints.
2. Cut fabric scraps into 9" strips in a variety of widths (or all the same - your choice). You will need 7-9 strips of your colored fabric and the same for the low volume.
3. Sew all the colored strips together until it reaches about 13" - press seams in one direction. Do the same with the low volume strips. You should now have 2 blocks each measuring 13" x 9".
4. Now the fun begins! Cut both blocks into 3 different strips - any width between 1.5" and 4".
5. Arrange the strips sort of like this: I flipped one strip of each upside-down for a scrappier look:
6. Sew strips together. Pressing seams opened worked best at this point.
7. Trim to a 12.5" square - or send it as is. I can trim the block when it arrives.
8. Voila! One PAINT CHIP block complete!
I created a few more...testing the tutorial out!
This is going to be a fabulous quilt! Please let me know if you have any questions!