Sunday, April 7, 2013

Hive #1 - April - for Jo (Twinkle Toes) - Improvised Trees

Hi guys!

Firstly a HUGE apology for the lateness!

Initially I'd forgotten that I was April - still thought I was August, then when I had realised that (mid March(!)), I thought April started this weekend, as Easter was the end of March - doh!!

Had meant to post yesterday, but ended up in A&E yesterday afternoon with severe pain in my side and have endured the joy of kidney stones - I would NOT wish that on anyone!  Trust me - rid the world of nuclear weapons, just have the threat of kidney stones!!!

Hey ho - here now!!

So about me:

I'm Twinkle Toes - or Jo Onions in real life, yes that is my surname, yes I can make you cry, etc...  and yes I kept my maiden name when I got married (I like the unusualness of it!)

I live in a lovely little village called Harbury on the outskirts of Warwick / Leamington Spa in the UK.  Just the opposite side of the motorway to Shakespeares birth town of Stratford on Avon - for those not in the UK, literally in the middle of the UK.  We have lived here for 12 years, but are still considered newcomers  ;o)   

I live with my hubby and two child substitutes (Phoenix and Bilbo (Billy Bobs))  Both 12 year old black cats.  Bilbo has only been with us 2 weeks as we adopted him after having to have Phoenix's brother put to sleep a few weeks ago  :o(   She/ we were missing him, so we got her someone else to torment!

Me and the hubby have been together nearly 14 years - but only tied the knot a couple of years ago - and typically it snowed!



My favourite dessert changes by the month.  After going to The Pudding club a few weeks ago - I'm off puddings and am really into cheese and biscuits at the mo!

In real life I'm an Engineering Programme Manager in Automotive - basically I manage new vehicle programmes for an automotive supplier - keeps me out of mischief and no two days are even the same!

I learnt to sew when VERY VERY VERY little.  My Mom and Nan both sewed, knitted etc, so  didn't have a choice really!  Most Saturdays I would spend at my Nan's and I still have the very first piece of embroidery I did at the age of three!   I've sewed all my life  and had my first sewing machine for Christmas when I was 19 - but only started quilting 3 years ago.


My life philospohy is - "Live life and each day to the full as you may not be here tomorrow"


Right - onto my block - Improvised Trees!

A friend showed me how to do these a few weeks ago on a retreat, and I thought it was perfect for a Bee block!






This is the first tutorial I have written and it's rather picture heavy - so have put a PDF on google - so hopefully you can download it:  Improvised Trees


If you spot any errors - please let me know.

They are addictive - so if you want to make more than one feel free, but I'm happy with one.  All I ask is solids only please and bright colours (They don't have to be tree colours!)

Have fun!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Looks like fun. I'll start working on it.

CeLynn said...

I agree with Cindy! Will try to get to these this week...

Danny Heyen said...

Oooo! Fun choice! Can't wait to get started!

Second Chance Tan said...

oooo I like the look of this something a bit different.... You are not so far from me - I'm in Nottingham, so compared to most of the rest of the stash bee members just down the road! xx