Monday, June 4, 2012

Hive 2 May and June

Hive 2 Block for May - Finally Done  AND and June's done already!!!!

May Hive 2 Block

My May block is late because while I thought I had the right color background fabric, it turns out I did not and had to special order it off the internet.  My apologies and I felt so guilty that I even finished June's block today also and both will be going out in the mail on Monday.....that is if I don't redo June's block before I make it to the mailbox. 





June Hive 2 Block
June's block was my first attempt at paper piercing.  While glad to learn this new skill, I am definitely rough on it.  It took me three hours to do not including watching several different videos on the methodology. I am probably making it way harder than it should be so I will try it again and see if I can do better.  I do wish some of my hive lived close to me in Michigan so I could get some advice on what I am doing wrong.  May have to find a class at my LQS on this. 

For this quilt piece, I was sorta thinking of crystals randomly floating in space while doing it so I hope that came across.

4 comments:

Carla said...

foundation piecing can be brutal! Looks like you got it accomplished . Good job

laurel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
laurel said...

youre lookin good though!

cheeky monkey said...

Well done :) looks great ...

if you want to have a closer look, thats the link someone sent me to give paper piecing an try:
http://thelittlestthistlecraftshop.blogspot.ie/p/foundation-paper-piecing-for-terrified.html

Have fun!