I'm Alison. I blog at Little Bunny Quilts and I'm currently hosting a paper piecing quilt along if you want to join!!
1. Name? Alison
2. Where do you live? Central PA, originally from Michigan
4. Family status (married, single, kids, grand kids)? I just got married two weeks ago!
5. Hardest quilt thing you have ever made? Would you make it again? I think anything with hand quilting is hard because it takes so long and I get very impatient. Otherwise I made a quilt with curves and that took a lot of patience.
6. Favorite dessert food? Any dessert food. I love all desserts, ice cream, pie -- you name it, I love it, unless it has cherries in it.
7. Last time you laughed REALLY hard (and what was so funny)? My husband just says hilarious things all the time. His sense of humor always makes me feel better when I'm feeling blue.
8. What is your day job (or night job :) )? Grad student studying chemistry. It's much less impressive than it sounds!!
9. When did you learn to sew? Who taught you? I learned to sew from my mom when I was in elementary school. I started my first quilt when I was 15.
10. Do you remember the first thing you ever sewed? I remember practicing stitches with embroidery floss on muslin and then I did a LOT of cross stitching before I started quilting.
11. Life philosophy? God honors those who honor him.
For my block I've chosen to use Jess's Moda Bake Shop Pattern Simply Woven tutorial. The tutorial on the MBS website is fantastic, so please follow that, but if you have questions, just let me know.
The only advice I will add is to pin your pieces together so that the strips that you cut end up straight after you add the additional strips between them.
As far as colors, please use colors similar to apple green, shades of yellow, and bright orange. Here are my test blocks:
Please use Kona White and if you can make two blocks, that would be fantastic!!